Saturday, November 1, 2014

Hello World!

My name is Jessica and welcome to my new blog, Savvy Mommah! Let's start out with a brief history so you know what this is all about.

In a History of Sports Media and Marketing class at Full Sail University I was assigned the fun task of starting my very own blog. Being a Sports Marketing and Media major, I naturally chose to call my blog JessInSports and really took off with my posts and even some YouTube videos. I was surprisingly gaining some popularity and YouTube even asked if I would like to monetize my videos because my viewership was going up pretty quickly. I was having a lot of fun with this and even ended up receiving an award in the class! I wanted to post more and more often on my blog but I noticed that there were other things that I wanted to talk about other than just sports.

Fast forward to the present and I am now in an Intro to Marketing class where I am again assigned to write on a blog. I'm currently in a marketing position so you would think that these ideas would not be new to me but for the first time I really sat down to think about the purpose of my blog. While sports are a huge passion of mine, my life is full of so many other adventures that I know many people can relate to.

Thus, Savvy Mommah was created! (Key in dramatic music here.) You will find all kinds of different topics here and hopefully get a little entertainment out of it. Consider this a "lifestyle" blog of sorts.

So why "Savvy Mommah" you're probably asking. That title came on April 12, 2013 when my beautiful baby girl, Savannah, was born! From then on I've always tried to be a "Savvy Mommah." I'm a 23 year old single mom that works full time, is a full time student, and for some crazy reason decided that I wasn't busy enough so I started my own business in September 2014. Like I said before, my life is full of adventure!

Through my posts you will:

  • Find out how my 18 month old daughter learned to blow her nose (yes, really blow it into a tissue)
  • Get tips on opening your own business 
  • Learn ways to juggle your working mom (or dad) life
  • Hear my not-so-expert sports opinions
And I can even explain the financial aid process of applying to college!


There's so much to learn here on the many adventures of Savvy Mommah! Should you have any suggestions on what I write about next don't be afraid to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment