Saturday, January 10, 2015

Simple Chai Tea Latte Recipe To Save You Money!

Lately, I'm pretty sure I have ingested more chai tea latte than actual water. If I could live on the stuff I totally would! Unfortunately, at about $5 or $6 a cup at Starbucks, because of course I have to get a venti, they don't really fit into my budget. I actually have no idea what they cost me because I kind of just throw my money at Starbucks and try to not think about it, oops. Let's just say it's $5 for a venti. At $5 a day for 365 days, that comes to a total of $1,825. That's enough to pay for the Louis Vuitton travel bag I've had my eye on and I would even have some left over! I thought to myself one day, "There must be a better way to get my fix." So one night I decided to try making a chai tea latte at home and what do you know, it turned out great! This recipe is to make a whole pitcher because one cup just won't cut it for me.


What You Need:

8 bags of chai tea
4 cups of water
1 cup of milk
1/3 cup of honey
Optional cinnamon
Optional whip cream if you want to drink it hot


The Process:

  1. Boil 4 cups of water in a medium pan.
  2. Steep 8 bags of chai tea for about 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in 1 cup of milk and 1/3 cup of honey. I added a little bit of cinnamon but you don't have to since chai tea is already a spiced tea. 
  4. Pour into a pitcher and let it chill in the fridge for an hour.

For an iced latte, just pour over ice and enjoy. If you would like a hot latte, pour into your coffee cup and warm in the microwave. Add whip cream and a little bit of cinnamon on top for a cute Instagram picture.


Experiment with different brands of teas and different types of milk until you find something you like. I used Tazo Chai Classic and 2% milk. A fun variation would be vanilla almond milk! Have fun and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment